Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some student questions regarding exam 1a

Some student questions regarding exam 1a

I'll probably continue answering emailed questions until around 9 p.m. tonight
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question: 
On the 9/28/10 exam:
Number 3 which reads: Classical OB theorist ______ wrote that conflicts
can be resolved constructively: Rather than trying to determine which side
is correct, managers should seek to integrate both positions into a new
and different answer that satisfies what each side considers right.
        - Would the correct answer be Drucker because of MBO?
. . . . . . . . . .
Answer: Constructive conflict is associated with Mary Parker Follett.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Q: I was trying to print out the slides for yesterday's class, but I couldn't find it on the electronic reserve.Am I at the right place?

A: The slides from yesterday are included with the first 8 sessions’ clicker slides in a file that begins with “Exam 1a review…”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Professor, do we have the answers to the test 1a prep powerpoint to study..i dont want to study wrong answers just in case

A:  I don't keep the answers to those questions.  We just cover them in class and move on.  If you come to one that you can't answer using information from the book and the slides, pls email me and I'll get back to you with a reference or an answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: The question "all of the following can be done by managers to help layoff survivors except" has a different answer on each of your previous test. On the Spring 2011 test, question 18, the correct answer is "To give the survivors a stronger sense of control," but on fall of 2010, question 15, the correct answer is "Give them more tasks to do to take their minds off the layoff." With the fall of 2010 though, one of the answers is giving them a stronger sense of control. I was just a little confused on which answer would be correct.

A: The “…more tasks…” answer is wrong.  I must have forgotten to fix the answer key I uploaded.  Oops…mf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Q:  While reviewing the previous tests in preparation for Thursdays exam, I stumbled upon a question where I am unsure of the correct answer. The questions is on the Sept. 2010 Exam 1A. The actual question is "A small industrial fabricator's posting of signs in its plants which read, "Always obey the golden rule!" is an example of a(n)". The correct answer is espoused value. I, on the other hand, believe this would be an observable artifact. I was hoping you could clarify this for me. 

A: The act of posting the signs is espousing a value, but the signs themselves are observable artifacts.  It was a bad question, and I accepted both answers.  Sorry I forgot to update the posted version of the answer key.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

No comments:

Post a Comment